Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Firefly"


11 years is a damn long time to know someone. Specially in the scope of high school and college, where friendships emerge and dissipate in a blink of an eye, 11 years is indeed an impressive length of time to call someone your friend. And if there is someone in this life in whom I've shared the full spectrum of emotions, its been Karen Burns. Which is why I find it a blessing that I was part of the chorus of family and friends to witness Karen dedicating her life and love to Marshall.

11 years later and this is prob the best picture we taken together. Haha.

At the end of the ceremony, the officiant announced that "love wins." I stood, clapping and reciting along to the words of "You and I", as the husband and wife passed by with gleaming smiles and repressed tears of joy. The magnitude of the statement resonated through my heart. Love does win, in eternity, in romance, and in friendship. 

So on a pleasant afternoon in September, amidst the subtle North Carolina heat. I witnessed the girl who spent her life chasing butterflies..... catch one.

1 comment: