In some ways this felt like a long year. I think about where I was New Years of 2012, celebrating with friends in upstate New York, laughing, eating, celebrating.... but even those seemingly fresh memories have been chipped away by time, losing its color tint, becoming another faded memory.
In other ways its felt like a short year. Changes, road trips, sadness and rejoicing happen so fast sometimes its hard to make it a memory. Rapid moments recall like bursts of light, flashing by as if I'm in a speeding vehicle.
I wake up in a house I own, with my lovely wife and fluffy dog. Most days I begrudgingly put on pants and head to work. Then there are days when I take my time, I find myself in awe. At the random moments and the cosmically planned ones, to which have led me here. Each joyful moment with Sara, each friendly smiles from people I love, each quality meal, each expression of gratitude, each moment, each year....
1. Sufjan Stevens - Sister
2. Sufjan Stevens - Casmir Pulaski Day
3. Kooley High - Dear Raleigh
4. Rosie Thomas - Much Farther To Go
5. Sucre - Hiding Out
6. Rosie Thomas & Sufjan Stevens - Where Are You?
7. Delta Rae - Morning Comes
8. The Welcome Wagon - God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again
9. Right Away, Great Captain - I Am Aware
10. Band of Horses - The Funeral
11. Adele - Chasing Pavements
12. Fort Atlantic - Let Your Heart Hold Fast
13. Sufjan Stevens - Vito's Ordination Song
The Carolina Oxypathor Company
4 months ago